What is the Quality of Open-Source Safety-Critical Software?
This study will locate open source safety-critical software, such as those used for autonomous cars, healthcare, and autonomous aviation. It will then compare their product and process quality characteristics to other software with similar popularity, size, and contribution metrics.
- Diomidis Spinellis. Code Quality: The Open Source Perspective. Addison-Wesley, Boston, MA, 2006.
- Wilson G, Aruliah DA, Brown CT, Chue Hong NP, Davis M, Guy RT, et al. (2014) Best Practices for Scientific Computing. PLoS Biol 12(1): e1001745. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pbio.1001745
- Wilson G, Bryan J, Cranston K, Kitzes J, Nederbragt L, Teal TK (2017) Good enough practices in scientific computing. PLoS Comput Biol 13(6): e1005510. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pcbi.1005510
- Diomidis Spinellis, Georgios Gousios, Vassilios Karakoidas, Panagiotis Louridas, Paul J. Adams, Ioannis Samoladas, and Ioannis Stamelos. Evaluating the quality of open source software. In SQM 2008: Second International Workshop on Software Quality and Maintainability—12th European Conference on Software Maintenance and Reengineering (CSMR 2008) satellite event, pages 5–28. The Reengineering Forum, April 2008. Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science Volume 233 (March 2009). DOI: 10.1016/j.entcs.2009.02.058
Contacts about the project
- Diomidis Spinellis (TU Delft)